Eng. Lamya Youssef Abdel Hakim
Sector Head of Private Projects, Egyptian Electricity Transmission Co
Eng. Hakim is head of the sector for Private Power Projects at the Egyptian Electricity Transmission Company (EETC), which is part of the Egyptian Ministry of Electricity and Renewable Energy. As such, she is responsible for several projects including:
- BOO 250 MW Wind Project in Gulf of Suez.
- BOO 200MW PV Solar Projects in KomOmbo- Aswan.
- Egypt Feed In Tariff (FIT) Program with the target of achieving 2000 MW wind projects and 2300 MW PV projects.
- BOO 200MW Solar project in West of Nile Area.
- BOO 250MW Wind project in West of Nile Area.
- BOO 100MW CSP project in West of Nile Area
Previously, Eng Hakim worked as a project engineer for 15 years at the Egyptian Electricity Authority (EEA), which is now EEHC. Since 2007, she has worked on private renewable energy projects in EETC.
Eng. Hakim is Chairwoman of Women in Clean Energy (WICE), the initiative from the Clean Energy Business Council (CEBC). This year, she was winner of the Africa Regulator of the year from Africa Leadership Magazine. She was also winner of the Best Initiative of the year 2014 and Winner of Solar Award from the Middle East Solar Industry Association (MESIA).
Eng. Hakim graduated in Ain Shams University – Faculty of Engineering – Power Systems Department. She also earned an MBA in Strategic Management in 2013 from Cairo – Licensed Victoria School of Business.